Carol’s Roman Shades (carolsromanshades.com)
- WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
- Your Consent
- Information Collection and Use
CRS may ask you for certain personally-identifiable data to provide you with the products or services you request, to contact you, or to identify you while interacting with our Platform, a page on a community website (such as Facebook or the like), through similar online avenues, or while using CRS services. For example, CRS may ask you for certain personally identifiable data when you make purchases, contact our consumer service center, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Platform or Apps. We collect this information for the purpose of identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, and improving our Platform.
Such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry (including via a telephone call) or your submission of a form, registration or communication to us. Information may also be gathered from third-party sources (including without limitation, our third-party service providers (such as marketing and fulfillment companies), opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, other companies and referrals, and through your activities and interactions with us, including, without limitation, your online activity on our Platform. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise.
You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, with the caveat that doing so will likely prevent you from engaging in certain Platform activities.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Platform. The CRS Platform does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). The CRS Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13. As a result, the CRS Platform does not request or knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 13. If you are not 13 or older, you should not visit or use our Platform. If CRS learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the CRS Platform without verified parental consent, CRS will take appropriate steps to delete the information.
- PERSONAL DATA
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- Personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth, marital status, household composition, and purchase history;
- images, photos and videos;
- Personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing preferences;
- Payment information;
- Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, and Platform (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information;
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may collect additional personal data from you to enable features within our Platform and Apps. As you use or interact with our Platform, some information can be “passively” collected using various technologies (including mobile devices), such as:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information;
- IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags; and
- navigational and location data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs).
Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information, such as the URL of the Platform you just visited and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu. Such technologies help us to keep track of your interactions with our Platform, the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take, within our advertising, email or newsletter content, to provide you with a more customized shopping experience.
When using our Platform, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we may obtain consent to use your location or send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the Platform or using the standard permissions available on your device. In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares categories of personal data.
- DATA USAGE BY CRS
CRS uses the collected personally identifiable data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide, maintain, and improve the Platform;
- To notify you about changes to our Platform;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Platform;
- To respond to your requests and provide customer care and support;
- To provide products that you have ordered;
- To process transactions and contact you regarding your order;
- To deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Platform;
- To monitor the usage of the Platform;
- To allow you to post information and other content online;
- For marketing, research and legal purposes and other purposes (including, without limitation, call center recordings);
- To detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate technical issues.
- To detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements; and
- DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE BY CRS
- Within CRS and with our CRS controlled subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With consultants, service providers, promotional partners and contractors that we use to support our business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, sweepstakes, promotions, campaigns and contest-related services, call-in centers, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services and event-related services such as online and offline data capture) who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s).
- With third parties for research and development purposes;
- In connection with the sale, assignment, financing, or other transfer of the significant portion of the CRS business or its assets, or the sale, assignment, merger, reorganization, or other transfer of our brand or company, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding;
- To identify, contact, or bring legal action against to someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with CRS’s or other’s rights or property;
- When CRS believes, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request;
- To support any actual or threatened claim, defense or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration or mediation panel;
- In connection with disciplinary actions/investigations;
- As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution, court order, regulation, or similar legal process; and
- As required by law to response to governmental and/or law enforcement requests;
Where the law allows it, we may share customers’ personal data with selected third-party partners to enable them to market their or other selected third parties’ products and services to you. You may let us know that you do not want your personal data shared in this way by indicating such preference through our opt out link, email@example.com. The recipients of customers’ personal data, and more generally these disclosures, may be located in the United States or other jurisdictions that might not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal data to us, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside your jurisdiction.
Apart from the purposes listed above, CRS will not share information about you with other third parties for their independent use without your prior consent.
- DATA ANALYTICS and REMARKETING
These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. For example:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Platform. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
There are also general resources for opting out of interest-based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may also opt-out from participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
- DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
- PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
Information Security: The security of your data is important to CRS, but remember that no website, mobile application, database or system, or method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure or “hacker proof.” While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Retention of your personal data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your CRS account, but we may keep your order history longer to comply with legal obligations. Where required, we will anonymize or dispose of the information we collect when we no longer need it for the uses described above.
Managing your personal data, content, and notifications: You may contact us, as provided below, to learn about how to access, review, correct, update, or delete the information about you in our records. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law. You may have the right to request:
- access to your personal data;
- an electronic copy of your personal data (portability);
- correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or
- deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law.
Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have a request regarding your personal data, please contact us. Contact details can be found below.
You may request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Platform or App, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated prior to removal.
We would like to keep in touch with you in ways that you find to be beneficial. If you don’t want us to use your contact information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information for promotional purposes, to provide you with customized and relevant advertising, or to keep you signed into your account, please tell us so when you provide your contact information. You can also let us know your preference by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, by accessing your account via our site, or by following the instructions to unsubscribe in various communications that we may send you. Keep in mind that these particular preferences do not mean that we might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a message that a friend or acquaintance requested be delivered, a legally required notice and so on.
We keep some of your data even after you close your account. If you choose to close your account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our Platform. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below. We retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed. Information you have shared with others will remain visible after you closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other parties copied out of our Platform. Group content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
- California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents, that have an established business relationship with CRS, have the right to request information from CRS regarding the way CRS shares certain categories of their personal information with third parties, for the third parties direct marketing purposes.
California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to CRS at its designated address and receive the following information:
- a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and
- The names and addresses of all such third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
CRS will respond to such written requests within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are required to respond to each customer only once per calendar year.
As detailed herein above, because there are not yet common, industry accepted “do not track” standards and systems, our Platform does not respond to Do Not Track signals. In addition, we may allow third parties to collect personal data from your activity on our Platform, as described in the “Information Collection and Use” section above.
- Contact Us